Saturday, June 12 - 9:00 am
Gans Creek Recreation Area
3360 E. Gans Road
Deadline for entries will be June 1. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
Participants in Archery must check-in at the event site on Saturday morning. All participants must report to the sport commissioner at the event site at least 30 minutes prior to the start of competition.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Archery
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
- Archers may only compete in one style.
- Archers must provide their own bows and target arrows.
- Should equipment failure occur, a thirty (30) minute repair time will be allowed with no disruption of the shooting line. A maximum of two ends may be made up at the discretion of the Commissioner.
- Field glasses or scopes are permitted for spotting arrow hits. Scopes may be placed on the shooting line provided they do not disrupt the shooting of the adjacent archer. Scopes shall be removed from the line between ends if not utilized by the other archer(s) shooting in that space.
- No broad heads will be permitted.
- Regulation FITA 122-centimeter (48-inch) five-color target faces will be used. Scoring values are: Gold (10-9), Red (8-7), Blue (6-5), Black (4-3), White (2-1), 10-ring scoring. At the discretion of the Director of Shooting, replacement centers may be used to repair a target face during competition.
- Dividing lines are part of the higher scoring. The arrow shaft must only touch the color or dividing line between scoring zones to score the higher value.
- Hits will not be marked on the target face. Witnessed bounce out and pass through arrows will be shot over at the end of the distance as make-up arrows. If the bounce out destroys an arrow in the target, then it is a "Robin Hood" and will score the value of the arrow it destroyed.
- Two archers at each target will keep the double set of scorecards. Scores shall be compared after each end. If the scorecards do not agree after arrows have been removed from the target, then the lower score shall be the official score. The winner(s) shall be the archer(s) scoring the highest number of points.
- Archers will not be required to wear white or blue attire, however, they will be expected to wear clothing appropriate for a national event.
- Athletes should be able to keep their arrows on target at 60 yards.
- Barebow Recurve Equipment: Any recurve bow or longbow may be used. Bow sights are not allowed. Archers may string-walk and/or face-walk in sighting. One straight stabilizer, coupling device included, if used, which cannot exceed 12 inches at any time as measured from the back of the bow. No levels or draw checks are allowed. Arrows must all be the same length and weight.
- Barebow Compound Equipment: Any compound bow may be used. Bow sights are not allowed. Archers may string-walk and/or face-walk in sighting. No levels are allowed. Archers may use a stabilizer and may use a draw check that is either on the bow limbs or under the arrow in the bow window. Arrows must all be the same length and weight.
- Compound Bow Equipment: The maximum peak draw weight allowed shall be 80 pounds. Maximum arrow speed shall be 300 feet per second with a variance of 3%. Lighted sights may be used.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2022 NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES For those interested in qualifying for the 2022 National Senior Games, there are updated qualifying procedures on their website: National Senior Games Updated Qualifying Procedures The 2021 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2022 National Senior Games to be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In Archery, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA-900 round Minimum Performance Standards at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games. An archer may enter only the style in which he/she has qualified. Minimum Performance Standards
Barebow Limited* Unlimited**
Men 425 600 700
Women 400 575 675
* compound finger, recurve
** compound release
|Event Code||Event Name|
|AR001||Archery - Recurve (with sights)|
|AR002||Archery - Barebow Recurve (no sights)|
|AR003||Archery - Compound Fingers (with sights)|
|AR004||Archery - Barebow Compound (no sights)|
|AR005||Archery - Compound Release|
|2021 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
RECURVE (WITH SIGHTS)
|55-59 F||1||Janis Grellner, Linn, MO||786|
|70-74 M||1||Stan Boyd, Lake Quivira, KS||667|
BAREBOW RECURVE (NO SIGHTS)
|65-69 M||1||Jacky Yam, St Louis, MO||574|
COMPOUND FINGERS (WITH SIGHTS)
|50-54 M||1||Paul Duffy, Saint Robert, MO||269|
|55-59 M||1||Jerry Adams, Armstrong, MO||870|
|2||Marty Todd, Mountain Grove, MO||847|
|3||William Flippin, Columbia, MO||822|
|4||Louis Nunley, Jefferson City, MO||820|
|5||Bruce Riddle, Fenton, MO||775|
|60-64 M||1||Steve Williams, Florissant, MO||801|
|2||Richard Piveral, Conception Junction, MO||790|
|3||Gene Grellner, Linn, MO||766|
|65-69 M||1||Rick Horn, Maryville, MO||836|
|2||Andrew Sanchez, Hazelwood, MO||789|
|70-74 M||1||Bill Myers, High Ridge, MO||857|
|80-84 M||1||Al Tuller, Buffalo, MO||766|