Entries will continue to be accepted until June 1. On-site registrations will be accepted.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Saturday, June 13, 2020
8:00am - 40K Road Race
10:30am - 5K Time Trial
Sunday, June 14, 2020
8:00am - 20K Road Race
10:00am - 10K Time Trial
All cycling competition will begin at the Hatton-McCredie Elementary School located in Callaway County on Route M approximately 1 ¼ miles north of Interstate 70. To reach the site from Columbia, take Interstate 70 east approximately 15 miles to Exit 144 (Route M). Go north on Route M approximately 1 ¼ miles to the school.
Deadline for entries will be June 1. Registrations will also be accepted the day of the event at the race site.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Cycling
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
DINNER / SOCIAL EVENT:
Thank you Humana for your sponsorship of the Missouri State Senior Games buffet dinner / social event!
The event for participants and guests is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Friday of the Senior Games. It will be held in Columbia, MO location TBA. The cost for participants is $10.00. There will be a $15.00 charge for each guest.
If you plan to attend the dinner, please indicate this on the entry form and submit the appropriate fees for the participant(s) and any guest(s) that will be attending with you. If you are registering online, there will be a place to indicate attendance during the online registration process. This is important as we must confirm our reservations 7 days in advance of the event.
For more information, visit:
- Sport Rules- All cycling events will be governed by the U.S. Cycling Federation rules except as modified herein.
- Participants must provide their own bicycles
- Multigear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and recumbent bicycles are not permitted.
- There may be no protective shield, faring, or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chainwheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USCF.
- Riders must wear an ANSI or Snell approved helmet (with sticker affixed) that is properly secured on the head.
- "Aero bars" shall not be permitted in the 20K and 40K Road Races.
- In the time trial events, holders will be available if contestant does not provide his/her own. The holders will neither restrain nor push contestants.
- The Commissioner will determine the starting order for time trials.
- Riders will start at 30-second intervals for time trials.
- If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only to the extent that in the judgment of the officials it does not interfere with other riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed starting time shall be used in computing results.
- Restarts will NOT be permitted.
- The road races will be mass start at approximately 10-minute intervals by age division and gender with combinations when needed.
- Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- In time trial events, when overtaking the 30-second man, a rider may not draft and must pass in a safe manner so that he/she does not impede the progress of the passed rider. No rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
- Safety of ALL riders must be the paramount rule for each rider.
- In the "HOMESTRETCH" the leaders must ride in a straight line, parallel to the course.
- Crashes: The effect of each crash will be decided by the commissioner, who will have the option of stopping the race (with subsequent restart) or allowing the race to continue.
- In the case of ties, duplicate medals will be awarded.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2021 NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2020 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2021 Summer National Senior Games to be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the Summer National Senior Games.
- Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a 20K or 40K cycling race may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
- Cyclists qualifying in either the 5K or 10K time trial may enter both time trial events.
- Cyclists qualifying in either the 20K or 40K road races may enter both road race events.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|CY001||Cycling - 40K Road Race|
|CY002||Cycling - 5K Time Trial|
|CY003||Cycling - 20K Road Race|
|CY004||Cycling - 10K Time Trial|
|2019 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
CYCLING - 5K TIME TRIAL
|50-54 F||1||Tina Latham, Wildwood, MO||10:37|
|55-59 F||1||Dessa Paris, St Louis, MO||11:12|
|2||Lorie Francis, Rolla, MO||11:28|
|60-64 F||1||Peggy McMillan, Rolla, MO||12:25|
|50-54 M||1||Michael McGarr, Edwardsville, IL||8:48|
|2||Charles Givens, Springfield, MO||8:54|
|3||Chris Ramirez, St Louis, MO||8:58|
|55-59 M||1||Jamey Noel, Columbia, MO||9:16|
|2||Greg Bennett, Versailles, MO||9:20|
|3||Minh Hoac, Bowling Green, MO||11:15|
|60-64 M||1||Jack Mentink, Rolla, MO||8:47|
|65-69 M||1||Thomas Tice, Climax Springs, MO||8:40|
|70-74 M||1||Gary Ferguson, Duncan, OK||9:26|
|2||John Dean, St Louis, MO||9:30|
|3||William Schart, Columbia, MO||12:06|
|75-79 M||1||Maurice John, Louisville, KY||10:25|
|80-84 M||1||Joe Douglas, Lawrence, KS||9:41|
CYCLING - 10K TIME TRIAL
|50-54 F||Hoy Cover, Creve Coeur, MO|
|50-54 F||1||Tina Latham, Wildwood, MO||19:20|
|55-59 F||1||Dessa Paris, St Louis, MO||20:28|
|2||Lorie Francis, Rolla, MO||22:13|
|60-64 F||1||Peggy McMillan, Rolla, MO||22:40|
|65-69 F||1||Linda LaFontaine, Columbia, MO||24:04|
|50-54 M||1||Chris Ramirez, St Louis, MO||16:45|
|2||Charles Givens, Springfield, MO||17:00|
|3||Michael McGarr, Edwardsville, IL||17:01|
|55-59 M||1||David Nokes, Springfield, MO||16:29|
|2||Greg Bennett, Versailles, MO||17:35|
|3||Barry Bean, Gideon, MO||17:44|
|4||Jamey Noel, Columbia, MO||20:51|
|60-64 M||1||David Chasnoff, Chesterfield, MO||16:27|
|2||Jack Mentink, Rolla, MO||16:40|
|3||Ken Hood, Springfield, MO||19:20|
|65-69 M||1||Thomas Tice, Climax Springs, MO||16:52|
|2||David Eilering, Maryville, IL||21:18|
|70-74 M||1||Gary Ferguson, Duncan, OK||18:02|
|2||John Dean, St Louis, MO||18:10|
|3||William Schart, Columbia, MO||22:40|
|75-79 M||1||Maurice John, Louisville, KY||19:58|
CYCLING - 20K ROAD RACE
|50-54 F||1||Tina Latham, Wildwood, MO||35:02|
|55-59 F||1||Dessa Paris, St Louis, MO||40:21|
|60-64 F||1||Peggy McMillan, Rolla, MO||43:12|
|65-69 F||1||Linda LaFontaine, Columbia, MO||44:40|
|50-54 M||1||Michael McGarr, Edwardsville, IL||32:40|
|2||Chris Ramirez, St Louis, MO||32:40|
|3||Charles Givens, Springfield, MO||32:40|
|60-64 M||1||Jack Mentink, Rolla, MO||32:40|
|2||Dennis Lilly, St Louis, MO||32:40|
|65-69 M||1||David Eilering, Maryville, IL||35:35|
|70-74 M||1||Gary Ferguson, Duncan, OK||35:07|
|2||William Schart, Columbia, MO||41:08|
|75-79 M||1||Maurice John, Louisville, KY||40:59|
|80-84 M||1||Joe Douglas, Lawrence, KS||35:00|
CYCLING - 40K ROAD RACE
|50-54 F||1||Tina Latham, Wildwood, MO||1:16:18|
|50-54 F||2||Holly Cover, Creve Coeur, MO||1:20:25|
|55-59 F||1||Dessa Paris, St Louis, MO||1:25:44|
|60-64 F||1||Peggy McMillan, Rolla, MO||1:26:33|
|50-54 M||1||Charles Givens, Springfield, MO||1:06:24|
|50-54 M||2||Chris Ramirez, St Louis, MO||1:10:25|
|55-59 M||1||Jamey Noel, Columbia, MO||1:06:24|
|2||Greg Bennett, Versailles, MO||1:06:24|
|3||Barry Bean, Gideon, MO||1:06:24|
|4||Minh Hoac, Bowling Green, MO||1:21:35|
|60-64 M||1||Greg Grinter, Edwardsville, IL||1:06:24|
|2||Bob Wisecup, Independence, MO||1:06:24|
|3||Dennis Lilly, St Louis, MO||1:06:24|
|4||Jack Mentink, Rolla, MO||1:11:46|
|70-74 M||1||William Schart, Columbia, MO||1:28:22|
|2||George Behring, Chesterfield, MO||1:37:11|
|75-79 M||-||Maurice John, Louisville, KY||DNF|
|80-84 M||1||Joe Douglas, Lawrence, KS||1:16:18|