Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
5050 Bristol Lake Parkway
Pre-Registration entries will be accepted until July 1. Entries will also be accepted the day of the race.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Triathlon
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
- Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running, and swim gear.
- All participants must supply yellow swim caps to wear during swimming competition.
- Ansi or Snell approved helmets are required for the bike race
FORMAT AND SPORT RULES
- Triathlon Federation USA Rules will be followed
- Triathlon consists of ½ mile swim, 19-mile bike and 5K run. Distances are subject to slight variations.
- No assistance is allowed in the transition area between events.
- Participants may be disqualified for (1) not completing any portion of the event or (2) directly or indirectly hindering the performance of other athletes.
- No flotation devices are allowed.
- No wet suits are allowed.
- In case of equipment malfunction, participants must make their own repairs. No outside help will be allowed.
- Participants must dismount from bike before removing chinstrap of helmet.
- Participants must put bike on rack before continuing to road race.
- Decisions of the commissioner will be final.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2022 NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
For those interested in qualifying for the 2022 National Senior Games, there are updated qualifying procedures on their website: National Senior Games Updated Qualifying Procedures
The 2021 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2022 National Senior Games to be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2021 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a triathlon event may qualify for triathlon by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
Athletes who reside in a state that offers the triathlon and does not participate in that state qualifier event can qualify by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest periods.
Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals. (400M Swim, 20K Cycling and a 5K Road Race).
|Event Code||Event Name|
|TA001||Triathlon - Senior Games|