Due to Covid-19 concerns, Road Race / Race Walk events will be cancelled for 2020.
For those interested in qualifying for the 2021 National Senior Games, there are updated qualifying procedures on their website: National Senior Games Updated Qualifying Procedures
DATES: UPDATED - Sunday, July 26 - 8:00am Will be held in conjunction with the Show-Me State Games Road Race. The 1500 Race walk will not be held in 2020 Competitors will not be able to run both the 5K and 10K. LOCATION: The 5K Race Walk, 5K Road Race and 10K Road Race will begin at:
4500 Bethel St, Columbia. DEADLINE: Deadline for entries will be July 1. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee. HOW TO ENTER: Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Road Race OR Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to: Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
AGES FOR COMPETITION
Age division for the Missouri State Senior Games will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year. The following age divisions will apply to both men and women for all individual and doubles competitions: 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90-94; 95-99; and 100+.
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES
- Athletes must use proper race walking techniques or risk disqualification.
- Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judges.
BASIC RULES OF RACE WALKING
Race walking is a progression of rapid steps. These rapid steps must meet the following rules:
- One foot must be on the ground at all times. This means that the lead foot must be in contact with the ground before the back foot can leave the ground. When a person loses contact with the ground, (i.e. both feet off the ground at the same time) this is called “loss of contact.”
- Each leg must be straight (not bent from the knee) from the first moment the foot touches the ground and must remain straight until the leg is in the vertical upright position under the hip. If a race walker fails to have his/her leg straight in this manner with each stride, this is called “bent knee”. Judges will issue disqualification calls for this infraction.
- If a race walker fails to abide by one or both of these rules, then he or she will be given a warning (or red card) by the judges. Three red cards or warnings from three different judges will result in disqualification. Disqualification can occur on the track or course by the head judge showing the red paddle to the walker and asking the walker to leave the course. Disqualification can occur after the race when the judges have had an opportunity to turn in all red cards. Judges can write red cards even without giving a caution if the infractions occur at the end of the race or if the infractions are flagrant.
- Cautions (showing the YELLOW paddle to Racewalker) are given when the race walker is almost walking illegally or is almost violating one of the two rules. Cautions are a courtesy to the race walkers to tell them that they are verging at being illegal. A walker is only entitled to one caution from each judge. Just because a caution is issued does not mean that the judge will also issue a red card. If the race walker pays attention to the caution and adjusts his/her walking to conform to the race walking rules, then no red card will be given.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2021 NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2020 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2021 National Senior Games to be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
1500M / 5K Race Walk Qualifying
- In Race Walk, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
- Athletes qualified in either the 100M or the 5K race walk may compete in both events at the National Senior Games.
5K / 10K Road Race Qualifying
- In Road Race, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
- Athletes qualified in either the 5K or 10K road race may compete in both events at the National Senior Games.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|RR002||Race Walk - 5K|
|RR003||Road Race - 5K|
|RR004||Road Race - 10K|
|2019 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
|ROAD RACE / RACE WALK RESULTS|
Race Walk - 1500 Meter
|65-69 F||1||Melanie Hampton, Hillsboro, MO||12:38|
|75-79 F||1||BJ Thornburg, Overland Park, KS||11:45|
|60-64 M||1||David Couts, Whiteside, MO||8:22|
|2||Gene Hall, Wildwood, MO||9:58|
|65-69 M||1||Michael Devaney, Globe, AZ||9:59|
|2||Steve Terry, Lexington, MO||10:32|
|3||Patrick Gadell, Ballwin, MO||10:33|
|70-74 M||1||Lee Debault, Leawood, KS||11:44|
|2||Cecil Hampton, Hillsboro, MO||12:38|
|85-89 M||1||Fred Adams, Kansas City, MO||11:41|
Race Walk - 5K
|60-64 M||1||David Couts, Whiteside, MO||25:48|
|65-69 M||1||Michael Devaney, Globe, AZ||34:50|
|2||Lynn Cline, Springfield, MO||53:03|
|70-74 M||1||Jerry Fleming, Columbia, MO|
|85-89 M||1||Fred Adams, Kansas City, MO||41:03|
Road Race - 5K
|55-59 F||1||Pat Okker, Columbia, MO||25:11|
|2||Lisa Wells, Columbia, MO||26:17|
|3||Jody Street, Columbia, MO||31:03|
|60-64 F||1||Liz Kyger, Oldfield, MO||23:28|
|50-54 M||1||Ted Farnen, Columbia, MO||30:51|
|55-59 M||1||Marc Keys||19:32|
|60-64 M||1||Kevin Tyler, Centralia, MO||23:38|
|2||Tom Kramer, Columbia, MO||27:48|
|3||Gary Marrant, Richmond, MO||30:17|
|65-69 M||1||Neville Davis, Hartsburg, MO||23:23|
|2||Jack Uhrig, Marshall, MO||24:35|
|3||Christopher Hawf, Columbia, MO||29:45|
|70-74 M||1||Johncurtis Anderson, Columbia, MO||24:52|
|80-84 M||1||David Biersmith, Kansas City, MO||47:12|
|85-89 M||1||Barney Sword, Columbia, MO||39:43|
Road Race - 10K
|50-54 F||1||Marzena Tomicki, Columbia, MO||52:10|
|55-59 F||1||Lisa Wells, Columbia, MO||54:07|
|2||Jody Street, Columbia, MO||1:05:50|
|55-59 M||1||Tomasz Tomicki, Columbia, MO||50:58|
|60-64 M||1||Allan Benjamin, Columbia, MO||52:04|
|2||Kevin Tyler, Centralia, MO||52:05|
|65-69 M||1||Steve Terry, Lexington, MO||49:58|
|2||Jack Uhrig, Marshall, MO||51:35|