NEW DATES FOR 2023:
-1500 M Race Walk: Saturday, June 10 - 3:00 p.m.
-5k Race Walk/Road Race: Sunday, June 11 - 7:30 a.m.
1500 Race Walk:
Battle High School
7575 E St Charles Road
Columbia, MO 65202
5K Race Walk, 5K Road Race will begin near:
4380 Nocona Parkway
Columbia, MO 65201
Deadline for entries will be June 1. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Road Race
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
AGES FOR COMPETITION
Age division for the Missouri State Senior Games will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year. The following age divisions will apply to both men and women for all individual and doubles competitions: 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90-94; 95-99; and 100+.
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES
- Athletes must use proper race walking techniques or risk disqualification.
- Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judges.
BASIC RULES OF RACE WALKING
Race walking is a progression of rapid steps. These rapid steps must meet the following rules:
- One foot must be on the ground at all times. This means that the lead foot must be in contact with the ground before the back foot can leave the ground. When a person loses contact with the ground, (i.e. both feet off the ground at the same time) this is called “loss of contact.”
- Each leg must be straight (not bent from the knee) from the first moment the foot touches the ground and must remain straight until the leg is in the vertical upright position under the hip. If a race walker fails to have his/her leg straight in this manner with each stride, this is called “bent knee”. Judges will issue disqualification calls for this infraction.
- If a race walker fails to abide by one or both of these rules, then he or she will be given a warning (or red card) by the judges. Three red cards or warnings from three different judges will result in disqualification. Disqualification can occur on the track or course by the head judge showing the red paddle to the walker and asking the walker to leave the course. Disqualification can occur after the race when the judges have had an opportunity to turn in all red cards. Judges can write red cards even without giving a caution if the infractions occur at the end of the race or if the infractions are flagrant.
- Cautions (showing the YELLOW paddle to Racewalker) are given when the race walker is almost walking illegally or is almost violating one of the two rules. Cautions are a courtesy to the race walkers to tell them that they are verging at being illegal. A walker is only entitled to one caution from each judge. Just because a caution is issued does not mean that the judge will also issue a red card. If the race walker pays attention to the caution and adjusts his/her walking to conform to the race walking rules, then no red card will be given.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2023 NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2022 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2023 Summer National Senior Games to be held in Pittsburgh, PA.
1500M / 5K Race Walk Qualifying
- In Race Walk, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2021 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
- Athletes qualified in either the 100M or the 5K race walk may compete in both events at the National Senior Games.
5K / 10K Road Race Qualifying
- In Road Race, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2021 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
- Athletes qualified in either the 5K or 10K road race may compete in both events at the National Senior Games.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|RR001||Race Walk - 1500 Meter|
|RR002||Race Walk - 5K|
|RR003||Road Race - 5K|
|2023 SHOW-ME STATE GAMES|
|ROAD RACE / RACE WALK RESULTS|
|5K RACE WALK|
|55-59 F||1||Gina Bufe||43.33|
|60-64 F||1||Liz Kyger||27.3|
|70-74 F||1||Lorraine Ramonczuk||50.04|
|60-64 M||1||Brett Hestdalen||28.10|
|65-69 M||1||David Couts||24.49|
|70-74 M||1||Lynn Cline||45.02|
5K ROAD RACE
|50-54 F||1||Meredith Katzman||23.25|
|55-59 F||1||Teri Walden||31.25|
|60-64 F||1||Jackie Chen||25.10|
|65-69 F||1||Linda Janish||50.04|
|75-79 F||1||Andrea Allen||44.59|
|55-59 M||1||Andy Emerson||19.20|
|60-64 M||1||Bryan Norton||24.41|
|65-69 M||1||Kevin Tyler||22.54|
|70-74 M||1||Neville Davis||20.20|
|75-79 M||1||Kenneth Hammann||31.49|
|90-94 M||1||Barney Sword||45.30|