Due to Covid-19 concerns, Racquetball will be cancelled for 2020.
For those interested in qualifying for the 2021 National Senior Games, there are updated qualifying procedures on their website: National Senior Games Updated Qualifying Procedures
DATES: UPDATED - Saturday, October 10, 2020
8:30am - Singles
10:00am - Doubles / Mixed Doubles
2902 Forum Blvd
Deadline for entries will be October 1. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Racquetball
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
AGES FOR COMPETITION
Competitor’s age for the Missouri State Senior Games will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year. All doubles and mixed doubles competition will be determined by the younger age of the two players.
The following age divisions will apply to both men and women for all individual and doubles competitions: 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90-94; 95-99; and 100+.
EQUIPMENT AND SCHEDULE OF MATCHES
- Athletes must provide their own racquets. Balls will be provided.
- All players MUST wear Lensed eyewear that has been warranted by its manufacturer or distributor as
- designed for use in racquetball and
- meeting or exceeding either the full ASTM F803 standard or Canadian (CSA) impact standard. This US Racquetball Association rule applies to all persons, including those who wear corrective lenses.
- During playing hours, match schedules will be available at the courts.
- Players must expect to play AT LEAST two matches.
- An athlete may compete with only one partner in the doubles event.
- All racquetball matches will be conducted in accordance with US Racquetball Association Rules.
- A 15-minute default time will be strictly enforced.
- Warm-up will be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- All matches will be decided by the best two out of three games.
- The first two games of each match will be to 15 points. If a third game is required to break a tie, it will be played to 11 points. The person to serve first in the third game will be the one who has earned the most points in the first two games.
- Winners of matches will be required to be referees for the matches in another age group.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2021 NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2020 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2021 National Senior Games to be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games. Athletes must qualify in each racquetball event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2021 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|RQ001||Racquetball - Singles|
|RQ002||Racquetball - Doubles|
|RQ003||Racquetball - Mixed Doubles|
|2019 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
Racquetball - Singles
|50-54 F||1||Myrna Asberry, Columbia|
|55-59 F||1||Mary Brown, Columbia|
|2||Debbie Cook, O' Fallon|
|60-64 F||1||Ann Fingerhood, Creve Coeur|
|2||Grace Jaworsky, Kansas City|
|50-54 M||1||Kevin Rodgers, Columbia|
|2||Tom Whelihan, Columbia|
|55-59 M||1||Gary Gundy, Columbia|
|2||Mitch Gant, Sedalia|
|3||Dan Holt, Sedalia|
|Racquetball - Doubles|
|50-54 M||1||Roger Rudkin, Pilot Grove and Alex Aslanidis, Columbia|
|2||Kevin Rodgers, Columbia and Gary Gundy, Columbia|
|55-59 M||1||Dan Holt, Sedalia and Mitch Gant, Sedalia|
|65-69 M||1||Bill McWilliams, Harrisburg and Donald Plaster, Columbia|
|55-59 F||1||Mary Brown, Columbia and Ann Fingerhood, Creve Coeur|
|2||Kathy Pace, Columbia and Michelle Allen, Columbia|
|3||Grace Jaworsky, Kansas City and Debbie Cook, O' Fallon|
|Racquetball - Mixed Doubles|
|50-54||1||Mary Brown, Columbia and Kevin Rodgers, Columbia|
|55-59||1||Debbie Cook, O' Fallon and John Cook, O' Fallon|
|2||Michelle Allen, Columbia and Greg Glover, Tebbetts|
|60-64||1||Grace Jaworsky, Kansas City and Dan Murphy, Overland Park KS|