Entries will continue to be accepted until June 1. No on-site registrations will be accepted.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Friday, June 12, 2020
Singles - 8:00 a.m.
Doubles - 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 13, 2020
Mixed Doubles - 8:00 a.m.
Bethel Park Courts
4500 Bethel St
Columbia, MO 65203
Deadline for entries will be June 1. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Tennis
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
DINNER / SOCIAL EVENT:
Thank you Humana for your sponsorship of the Missouri State Senior Games buffet dinner / social event!
The event for participants and guests is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Friday of the Senior Games. It will be held in Columbia, MO location TBA. The cost for participants is $10.00. There will be a $15.00 charge for each guest.
If you plan to attend the dinner, please indicate this on the entry form and submit the appropriate fees for the participant(s) and any guest(s) that will be attending with you. If you are registering online, there will be a place to indicate attendance during the online registration process. This is important as we must confirm our reservations 7 days in advance of the event.
For more information, visit:
- A contestant may not duplicate any one event in two different age groups.
- Participants must find their own partners for doubles. No assignments will be made by the State Senior Games office.
- The age division for doubles competition will be determined by the age of the younger of the two partners as of December 31 or the current year.
SCHEDULE OF MATCHES
Match schedules will be available at the on-site information table prior to the opening of play and will be posted there during competition as soon as playing times for the subsequent matches are determined.
- Consolation brackets will be played for all FIRST MATCH losers. Those playing in the consolation bracket are not eligible for medal awards.
- Players must be prepared to play more than one match per event per day.
- In case of rain, players should report to the event site as scheduled for instructions.
- All matches will be conducted in accordance with USTA rules.
- A 15 minute default time will be strictly enforced.
- Warm-up will be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- All matches will be decided by the best 2 out of 3 sets. The no add system of scoring and play with two balls will be used until semi-finals. Regular scoring will be used for semifinal and final matches. NO ADD SYSTEM OF SCORING: The points are simply called 1, 2, 3 and 4. The first player or doubles team to win 4 points wins the game. If the game becomes tied at 3-all (deuce in traditional scoring), the player or doubles team who wins the next point wins the game. At 3-all, the receiver (or receiving team) will choose the court in which to receive the serve.
- When a set reaches 6-6 in games, a 12-point tie breaker will be played according to USTA rules. The winner of a tie-breaker will be the first player or team to win at least 7 points and has a margin of at least 2 points.
- In the event there are fewer than 3 participants in an age group at the close of registration the format of tournament play, including possibly combining of age groups, will be determined by the Event Commissioner.
- Athletes must provide their own racquets and practice balls. Tennis balls will be provided for competition.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|TN001||Tennis - Singles|
|TN002||Tennis - Doubles|
|TN003||Tennis - Mixed Doubles|
|2019 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
|65-69 F||1||Peg Schlacks, Fulton|
|55-59 M||1||Mike McCoy, Lexington|
|2||Manny Chavez, Eldon|
|65-69 M||1||Russell Crane, Hannibal|
|2||Ed Douglas, Chillicothe|
|75-79 M||1||Michael Smith, Kansas City|
|80-84 M||1||Darrell Pohlman, Appleton City|
|55-59||1||Valerie and Eric Bader, Columbia|
|65-69||1||Robin and Stephen Jones, Columbia|
|2||Peg and John Schlacks, Fulton|