Saturday, June 10, 2023
9:00am - Doubles
2:00pm - Singles
Sunday, June 11, 2023
8:30am - Mixed Doubles
12:00pm - Team
AMF Town and Country Lanes
1508 N. Providence Rd.
Deadline for entries June 1. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Bowling
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
- Competitor’s age will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year.
- Singles, doubles, mixed doubles and team formats will include both scratch and handicap competition.
- Competition will consist of one set of three games in each event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles, and team).
- Bowlers will be competing in age divisions in each bowling event. The age division of competition for the doubles, mixed doubles, and team categories will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31 of the current year.
- On-site check-in is required 30 minutes prior to the start of each event.
- Awards will be given for both scratch and handicap competition, but a participant may win only one award (scratch or handicap) in an event. Awards will be presented first to the top three scratch place winners, then to the top three handicap place winners, then to the fourth scratch place, then the fourth handicap place, etc.
- Competitors are required to provide their own bowling balls and shoes. House balls and shoes will be available at the competitor's expense.
- This tournament will be sanctioned and governed by the United States Bowling Congress (USBC) and their Rules. All entrants must be members in good standing with the USBC or must apply for a tournament participation card when checking-in prior to competing. Present your current USBC card when checking in for membership verification.
- Tournament Handicap - Highest USBC sanctioned league average (based on a minimum of 21 games) for the 2021-22 season. If no 2021-2022 average, use current season average based on a minimum of 21 games at the time of entry. If you do not qualify under any of the forgoing, the following will apply: MEN - will be entered at 140. Handicap will be 80% from 200. WOMEN - will be entered at 125. Handicap will be 80% from 200. It shall be the bowler's responsibility to verify the average in the handicap portion of the tournament. Failure to use proper average shall disqualify score if submitted average is lower than actual, thereby resulting in lower classification or more handicap. Correction in averages can be made at "check-in" at the bowling lanes.
- Tournament officials have the right to adjust, rate, or refuse any or all entries. Decisions of tournament officials shall be final unless an appeal is submitted in accordance with USBC.
- All equipment shall meet USBC specifications. The MSSG reserves the right to check equipment at any time.
- The State of Missouri and / or any association, establishment of officials connected with the Show-Me STATE GAMES or the Missouri State Senior Games assume no responsibility for injury or accident to any participant.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2023 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2024 National Senior Games to be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners will qualify for the 2024 National Senior Games.
Athletes must qualify in each bowling event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2023 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|BW001||Bowling - Doubles|
|BW002||Bowling - Singles|
|BW003||Bowling - Mixed Doubles|
|BW004||Bowling - Team|