Saturday, June 10, 2023
8:00 am - 400 Meter Run
8:00 am - Shot Put - Men
8:00 am - Discus - Women
9:00 am - 100 Meter Dash
9:00 am - Running Long Jump - (M & W)
9:30 am - Discus - Men
9:30 am - Pole Vault - Women
10:00 am - 1500 Meter Run
10:00 am - Shot Put - Women
10:30 am - Pole Vault - Men
10:45 am - Coed Relay (4x100)
11:30 am - Triple Jump - (M & W)
11:30 am - 200 Meter Dash
12:30 pm - 800 Meter Run
1:00 pm - Standing Long Jump - (M & W)
1:00 pm - Javelin - Men and Women
1:30 pm - 50 Meter Dash
2:00 pm - High Jump - Men and Women
2:30 pm - 800 Meter Prediction Walk
3:00 pm - 1500 Meter Racewalk
Battle High School
7575 E Saint Charles Road
Columbia, MO 65203
Deadline for entries will be June 1. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL TRACK & FIELD PARTICIPANTS SHALL CHECK-IN AT THE TRACK PRIOR TO COMPETING AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF THEIR FIRST EVENT. ATHLETE CHECK-IN ON SATURDAY WILL BE CONDUCTED AT TABLES LOCATED BEHIND THE PERMANENT BLEACHERS ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE TRACK.
EACH PARTICIPANT WILL BE ASSIGNED A PARTICIPANT NUMBER AND WILL BE GIVEN A PACKET CONTAINING AN EVENT CARD FOR EACH EVENT IN WHICH HE/SHE HAS ENTERED. THE ATHLETE WILL BE ASKED TO RE-CONFIRM HIS/HER INTENT TO ENTER EACH EVENT BY COMPLETING THE "SEASON'S BEST PERFORMANCE" LINE ON THE CARD FOR EACH EVENT HE/SHE PLANS TO COMPETE IN AND TURN THE CARDS BACK IN AT THE TABLE. (IF YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR BEST PERFORMANCE, ENTER "NO TIME" OR "NO DISTANCE" ON THE CARD.) THE ATHLETE WILL TURN-IN CARDS ONLY FOR THOSE EVENTS IN WHICH HE/SHE WILL ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Track and Field
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
AGES FOR COMPETITION
Competitor’s age for the Missouri State Senior Games will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year. The following age divisions will apply to both men and women for all individual and doubles competitions: 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90-94; 95-99; and 100+.
- USA Track & Field Rules (USATF) will govern all events, except as noted below.
- In order to set an official record; the participant must be a member of USATF.
- Age divisions may be grouped for the convenience of running the meet, but awards will be presented for place winners within a contestant's own age group.
- If a person physically aids any participant during an event the participant shall be disqualified.
- Bib numbers must be worn on the front of the jersey except for athletes participating in the pole vault and throwing events.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ATHLETES SHOULD BE IN THE INFIELD DURING THE MEET EXCEPT THOSE PARTICIPATING IN FIELD EVENTS.
- All races will be run as timed finals. In case of a tie, USA Track and Field rules governing ties shall apply.
- Two false starts by an individual will disqualify them from that competition.
- Maximum spike length shall be 1/4".
- Prediction Walk: The goal of the Prediction Walk is NOT to be the fastest to walk 800 Meters, or two laps, around the University of Missouri Track. Instead, each contestant will, on the date of the event, estimate how long it will take him/her to complete the course. Medals will be awarded to those in each age group who estimates their times most accurately. All watches must be left at the starting line so no participant can pace himself to victory. Also, spectators may not communicate times nor otherwise aid any competitor. Time Prediction Cards will be available at the clerk’s tent in the northwest corner of the track. A card shall be completed by each contestant and submitted to the clerk when reporting for the event.
- 400-Meter Co-ed Relay (4X100): Each relay team shall consist of two men and two women. Teams shall be divided into three age divisions: 50-59, 60-69, and 70+. The age division for each team shall be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2015. Relay cards on which the names of individual team members are to be entered can be picked-up at the clerk’s tent. The relay cards must be turned in at the clerk’s tent no later than 11:30 a.m.
REPORTING FOR EVENTS
- All running event participants are required to report at the clerk’s shed located in the northeast corner of the track, 20 minutes prior to their event. All running event participants in races up to 200 meters will receive a hip number that must be worn on the left hip.
- Field event participants should report to the head official at the event site when called.
- Each contestant will be permitted four attempts in the shot put, discus, javelin, weight throw, running long jump, and standing long jump. Only one fair attempt is required to place.
- Attempts shall be taken in the order listed on the flight sheet (oldest to youngest). Failure to take an attempt when called results in a pass (failure). The only exceptions will be for those competitors who request to be excused for a maximum of 10 minutes to participate in another event.
- Implements will be provided for all field events except the pole vault. The meet management will not provide pole vault poles, nor may they be borrowed from other competitors. Athletes shall be permitted to use their own implements provided they agree to all certification procedures including but not limited to marking, impounding, etc. in accord with the provisions in paragraph 4.
- All personal field event implements must be weighed, measured, and inspected by the Implement Inspector who will be located in the shed at the northwest corner of the track. All personal implements are to be turned in at the shed at least 1 hour prior to the start of the event. These implements will then be marked and impounded and will be delivered to the event site at the start of competition. They will be “pooled” which means they may be used by any contestant in that age group(s).
- Following are the weights of the various implements to be used for each gender and age category:
- Discus: Men 50-59 (1.5 kg), Men 60+ (1.0 kg), Women 50-74 (1.0 kg), Women 75+ (.75 kg)
- Javelin: Men 50-59 (700 gm), Men 60-69 (600 gm), Men 70-79 (500 gm), Men 80+ (400 gm), Women 50-59 (500 gm), Women 60+ (400 gm)
- Shot: Men 50-59 (6 kg), Men 60-69 (5 kg), Men 70-79 (4 kg), Men 80+ (3 kg), Women 50-74 (3 kg), Women 75+ (2kg)
- Hammer: Men 50-59 (6 kg), Men 60-69 (5 kg), Men 70-79 (4 kg), Men 80+ (3 kg), Women 50-74 (3 kg) Women 75+ (2 kg)
- Weight Throw: Men 50-59 (25 lb), Men 60-69 (20 lb), Men 70-79 (16 lb), Men 80+ (12 lb), Women 50-59 (16 lb), Women 60-74 (12 lb), Women 75+ (4kg).
- The track, high jump apron, and runways are all-weather surfaces. Spikes for these surfaces may be no longer than 1/4 inch.
- The surfaces of the shot put and discus rings are concrete.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2023 NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2022 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2023 Summer National Senior Games to be held in Pittsburgh, PA.
In Track and Field, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2022 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2023 National Senior Games.
All athletes who compete in hammer throw at a 2021 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer the hammer throw and pole vault may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
Athletes that qualify for and compete in the 50-, 100-, 200-, 400- or 800-meter events at the 2021 Summer National Senior Games will be eligible to compete in the 4x100-meter relay. Athletes cannot qualify to compete in the relay event except in this manner.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|TF001||Track and Field - 1500M Race Walk|
|TF002||Track and Field - 400 Meter Run|
|TF003||Track and Field - Shot Put|
|TF005||Track and Field - Running Long Jump|
|TF006||Track and Field - Triple Jump|
|TF007||Track and Field - Pole Vault|
|TF008||Track and Field - 100 Meter Dash|
|TF009||Track and Field - 1500 Meter Run|
|TF011||Track and Field - Coed Relay (4 x 100)|
|TF012||Track and Field - Javelin|
|TF013||Track and Field - 200 Meter Dash|
|TF014||Track and Field - Standing Long Jump|
|TF015||Track and Field - 800 Meter Run|
|TF016||Track and Field - High Jump|
|TF017||Track and Field - Discus|
|TF018||Track and Field - 50 Meter Dash|
|TF019||Track and Field - 800 Meter Prediction Walk/Run|