Entries will continue to be accepted until June 1. No on-site registrations will be accepted.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Saturday, June 12 - Sunday, June 13, 2021
7:30am to 8:20am - Warm Up
8:30am - Meet Starts
Order of Events
200 IM - 13 and Over
25 Freestyle - 8 and Under
25 Backstroke - 8 and Under
200 IM - 11 to 12
200 IM - 10 and Under
25 Breaststroke - 8 and Under
25 Butterfly - 8 and Under
100 Freestyle - 13 and Over
100 Freestyle - 11 to 12
100 Freestyle - 10 and Under
50 Butterfly - 13 and Over
50 Butterfly - 11 to 12
50 Butterfly - 10 and Under
200 Freestyle Relay - Open
500 Freestyle - all ages
12:30pm (approx.) - Warm Ups
1:30pm - Meet Begins
Pool will open for warm-ups following conclusion of morning session. Sessions could start later if morning session runs long.
Order of Events
200 Butterfly - all ages
200 Medley Relay - Open
100 Backstroke - 13 and Over
100 Backstroke - 11 to 12
100 Backstroke - 10 and Under
200 Freestyle - 13 and Over
200 Freestyle - 11 to 12
200 Freestyle - 10 and Under
100 Breaststroke - 13 and Over
100 Breaststroke - 11 to 12
100 Breaststroke - 10 & Under
200 Backstroke - all ages
200 Backstroke - Male all ages
7:45am to 8:50am - Warm Up
9:00am - Meet Starts
Order of Events
200 Breaststroke - all ages
100 Butterfly - 13 and Over
100 Butterfly - 11 to 12
100 Butterfly - 10 and Under
50 Freestyle - 13 and Over
50 Freestyle - 11 to 12
50 Freestyle - 10 and Under
100 IM - 13 and Over
100 IM - 11 to 12
100 IM - 10 and Under
50 Breaststroke - 13 and Over
50 Breaststroke - 11 to 12
50 Breaststroke - 10 and Under
50 Backstroke - 13 and Over
50 Backstroke - 11 to 12
50 Backstroke - 10 and Under
400 IM - 13 and Over
All swimming competition will be held at the Hickman High School Natatorium located on the corner of Providence Road and Business Loop 70.
Deadline for swimming entries will be June 1. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
Participants in Swimming must check-in at the event site on the date of the meet. All participants must report to the sport commissioner at the event site at least 30 minutes prior to the start of competition.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Swimming
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
AGES FOR COMPETITION
Competitor’s age for the Missouri State Senior Games will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year. The following age divisions will apply to both men and women for all swimming events: 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90-94; 95-99; and 100+.
- All events will be timed finals.
- In case of a tie, duplicate awards will be presented.
- Swimming events are all USS Masters approved, and the meet will be conducted in accordance with UNITED STATES MASTERS SWIMMING Rules. In order to set a USS Masters record, the swimmer must be member of the USS Masters. The USS Masters Recognition Number for this meet is will be announced on the day of the meet.
- All decisions of the Swimming Commissioner and Meet Referee shall be final.
TECHNICAL RULES GOVERNING EVENTS:
- Starts: The forward start may be taken from the starting blocks, the pool deck or a push from the wall. The backstroke start is taken from the wall. A false start will result in disqualification.
- Turns: The breaststroke and butterfly turns must be done with both hands touching the wall simultaneously. The backstroke and freestyle events require some part of the body to touch the wall.
- Backstroke: There are no rules pertaining to arm or leg movements. The swimmer is allowed to turn over on his/her stomach during the turn prior to touching the wall.
- Breaststroke: The appropriate stroke is required.
- Butterfly: The appropriate stroke is required. The whip kick or the dolphin kick may be used exclusively or interchangeably while doing the butterfly
- Freestyle: Swimmers must touch the wall at each turn and at the finish. Any stroke may be used, and swimmers may switch strokes whenever they wish. In an individual medley event, freestyle means any stroke other than butterfly, breaststroke, or backstroke.
- Medley: The order of strokes in the individual medley is butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle. Rules for the individual strokes govern strokes and turns.
- General: Any swimmer who uses improper methods in order to obtain an advantage over his/her competition will be disqualified from that event.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2022 NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
For those interested in qualifying for the 2022 National Senior Games, there are updated qualifying procedures on their website: National Senior Games Updated Qualifying Procedures
The 2021 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2022 National Senior Games to be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
In Swimming, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|SW001||200 yd Individual Medley (Senior Games)|
|SW015||100 yd Freestyle (Senior Games)|
|SW021||50 yd Butterfly (Senior Games)|
|SW029||500 yd Freestyle (Senior Games)|
|SW031||200 yd Butterfly (Senior Games)|
|SW035||100 yd Backstroke (Senior Games)|
|SW041||200 yd Freestyle (Senior Games)|
|SW047||100 yd Breaststroke (Senior Games)|
|SW053||200 yd Backstroke (Senior Games)|
|SW055||200 yd Breaststroke (Senior Games)|
|SW057||100 yd Butterfly (Senior Games)|
|SW063||50 yd Freestyle (Senior Games)|
|SW069||100 yd Individual Medley (Senior Games)|
|SW075||50 yd Breaststroke (Senior Games)|
|SW081||50 yd Backstroke (Senior Games)|
|SW087||400 yd Individual Medley (Senior Games)|
2013 Show-Me State Games Swimming Results